Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Final Showdown at the Frozen Tundra

Am I getting caught up in the hype?
You bet I am. My fun-loving giants, who seem to lose players to injuries every week. Are back at at it again. With a Super Bowl shot on the line. In Lambeau Field vs. The Last Gunslinger. (and this is not Stephen King's gunslinger Roland, the protagonist of the Dark Tower anthology). Brett Favre has had his own tragedies and triumphs to fill a couple of novels in his 15 + years in the league.
But what's stood out is that he has done it in one place and united by one nation. The Green Bay Packers ties with their hometown go back to 1921. They play in the same stadium and are a true standardbearer for this league. Their road to redemption (two years after a 3-13 season and Brett's "certain retirement) are also an inspiring story.
Like I said last week kids, I've written way too much on my Giants these past few weeks. Its time to let the story unfold on the field.
I promise like I said last week, more on politics, entertainment and prose in the coming weeks.

No comments: